News and notes from around the interweb:
- 20% off Alitalia economy tickets
- With the latest Hollywood titles so hot, your plane will start smoking… Smoke emanated from an Air Canada passenger’s seatback video display:
An Air Canada Airbus A320-200…performing flight AC-2072 from Toronto,ON (Canada) to Punta Cana (Dominican Republic) with 138 people on board, was enroute when smoke emanated from the video display unit at seat 31D (and was not part of just the display). The crew consulted the quick reference handbook, removed power from the inflight entertainment system which stopped the smoke. The flight was continued to Punta Cana for a safe landing.
The Canadian TSB reported that the Smart Video Display Unit of seat 31D as well as the audio jack were replaced.
- You can now use Citi ThankYou points directly on Expedia to book travel at a paltry 0.8 cents apiece in value so please don’t do that.
- Anthony Bourdain’s Dream Menu for His New York City Food Hall
- Is United telling its flight attendants that Stroopwafels are illegal in Canada and Latin America? (And why does Google seem to disagree?)
- The NASCAR credit cards are terrible
- Uber acknowledged it is losing $1 billion a year in China. That, of course, should come as no surprise.