News and notes from around the interweb:
- Dogs are being taught how to fly planes. ALPA to mobilize nationwide lobbying effort to stop it.
- Virgin Australia apologizes after taking to twitter to tell Kanye to “Eat a d**k”
- “Chinese nationals were smuggling liquid meth into Australia through–you guessed it–silicon falsies. Investigators spent three-months staying abreast of the situation, gathering key evidence. The resulting drug bust led to them discovering 53 gallons of meth. In fake boobs.”
- Cost estimates for the renovation of New York LaGuardia are already rising. Whomever could have guessed that?
- 40% off Iberia Avios redemptions for bookings made by February 29 and travel between March 1 and mid-June. This is for economy and business class. And Iberia adds lower fuel surcharges to Iberia flights than British Airways does. Iberia is an American Express Membership Rewards transfer partner. And if you have an Iberia account that’s been open three months and has earned even 1 point, you can transfer British Airways Avios into Iberia. (HT: Head for Points)
- Inside Trump’s New Loyalty Program. It’s for the hotels, and there’s no Trump Visa Signature Rewards Card yet. Of course during the primaries leading up to the 2008 Presidential election, you could earn Obama Points.