For me, Turkish Airlines is known for (4) things.
1. An over the top business class lounge experience in Istanbul. There’s billiards, golf, a race track, and a movie room with popcorn machine.
2. Providing a free hotel night even for economy passengers when an itinerary contains a forced layover in Istanbul.
3. Frequently very good award space.
4. Kevin Costner
They will forever want to escape being known for:
So Turkish Airlines is paying for a big marketing tie-in with Batman v. Superman. It’s no ANA-Star Wars, but they’ve got a special livery on a Boeing 777 that’s been flying Miami – Istanbul – Mumbai.
Turkish Airlines also has its own promo trailer for Batman v. Superman
As a result of the tie-in, Turkish Airlines is launching two new destinations.
1. Gotham City: This is a Subsidized Route Supported by Wayne Industries
2. Metropolis: This is a Subsidized Route Supported by LexCorp
These spots are apparently being shown during tonight’s Super Bowl.
Apparently business class menus and amenity kits on Turkish will have Batman vs. Superman tie-ins. And a key movie plot point takes place in Turkish business class.
(HT: Experience the Skies)