News and notes from around the interweb:
- How math found missing Air France flight 447
- As I’ve said from the beginning, even revenue-based frequent flyer programs need promotions because loyalty programs are meant to goose business. With Australia an increasingly competitive route, Delta is running a double miles promotion which means 5 extra miles per dollar spent.
- It will still be a year and a half before American goes fully flat in business on all their Boeing 777-200s. They still need to announce a new business class seat to continue the retrofit, a version of this seat is the one I bet on. American’s premium economy announcement made that choice more likely. We’ve been expecting lie flat 757s for international flights for a year and American still needs to announce that seat.
- An Electric-Powered Road That Melts Its Own Snow (could be the future of runways)
- United’s Asia strategy
- The IHG Rewards Club cash and points trick for buying points at a discount got even better in December, it looks like they’re actually doing testing of more expensive pricing as well.
- Priceline has ditched William Shatner again