News and notes from around the interweb:
- There’s still time to earn (a minimum of) 47,000 points for $47. I’m earning more points with that. And indeed the points are posting in a matter of days rather than the promised weeks. Note that these do not post as elite qualifying points.
- A man purchased a seat for a cello, including travel on an airline that doesn’t permit cellos in their own seat for the safety of the cello.
- Speaking of which… Buying your bag a seat on Spirit instead of paying checked bag fees
- Now we know why Singapore Airlines is launching Singapore – Canberra – Wellington, New Zealand service: it’s because of subsidies and what’s more Wellington, New Zealand tried to keep those subsidies from becoming public.
- New Swiss first, Senator, and business lounges at Zurich’s terminal E
- If you’re earning a Starwood point per dollar spent with Uber, that lasts (based on having stayed at a Starwood property in 2015) through January 31. You need to stay with SPG in 2016 to continue to be eligible.