I receive compensation for many links on this blog. You don’t have to use these links, but I am grateful to you if you do. American Express, Citibank, Chase, Capital One and other banks are advertising partners of this site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same).
Citi Prestige offers 50,000 points after $3000 spend within 3 months (offer expired). It offers nearly identical spending bonuses — triple points on air and hotel and double points on dining and entertainment.
This is a $450 card, but gives you a $250 airline credit (which can be used on airfare, and earned twice during your first cardmember year if you apply now) and a $100 global entry credit. Points can be used to buy paid tickets on American at 1.6 cents apiece or transferred to miles with several airline programs.
Etihad First Class. This card’s points transfer directly to Etihad Guest, as well as programs like Singapore Airlines Krisflyer.
The card comes with American Airlines lounge access (when flying American) and a Priority Pass Select card (with unlimited visits and 2 free guests). And 3 free rounds of golf per year, too, and 4th night free on hotels.
Bathroom at the Andaz 5th Avenue
Last week I noted that Citi moved the card over to using Aspire Lifestyle Concierge. They have a much smoother process now for bookings using the 4th hotel night free benefit.
But there’s another hidden benefit to this change which Demetrius John pointed out to me: Aspire’s Preferred Restaurant Program.
He asked the concierge about participating restaurants in Chicago,
Sure enough, 6 pages of restaurants were returned with descriptions and special value-added amenities by booking through Citi Prestige Concierge. Aspire has thousands of partner restaurants worldwide.
Here are the participating Chicago restaurants and the value-add offers for booking through Aspire, the Citi Prestige concierge service. There are different restaurants in most major cities.
- SOUTH WATER KITCHEN: complimentary Amuse Bouche
- BERGHOFF RESTAURANT: 5% off total bill, excluding alcohol
- SIXTEEN CHICAGO: complimentary glass of red or white wine
- MK: complimentary glass of wine and complimentary appetizer per guest
- VIAND BAR & KITCHEN: complimentary appetizer or dessert
- REVERIE CHICAGO: complimentary appetizer per guest
- MERCADITO: complimentary chef’s amuse per guest
- TIPPLING HALL: complimentary chef’s amuse per guest
- FIG & OLIVE: complimentary piscine (champagne on ice w/strawberries) or Pot de Crème
- MERCADITO KITCHEN: complimentary chef’s amuse per guest
- MICHAEL JORDAN’S STEAK HOUSE: complimentary signature garlic bread appetizer for the table delivered
by the chef
Here’s just a sample of the restaurants and value-add offers in New York (there are more participating restaurants in New York than in Chicago):
- Circo: complimentary glass of dessert wine
- 21 Club: Chef’s amuse bouche and tour of the wine cellar (based on availability)
- Hakkasan: complimentary glass of sparkling wine
- Le Cirque: complimentary glass of dessert wine
- Benjamin Steakhouse: complimentary after-dinner drink per guest
- Sea Fire Grill: complimentary after-dinner drink per guest
- Felidia: complimentary chef’s creation extra course per guest
- Wallse: complimentary glass of sparkling wine – Klimt Blanc de Blanc and a selection of Austrian cookies and chocolates
- Fig & Olive: complimentary piscine (champagne on ice with strawberries) or Pot de Crème
- Aureole: priority reservations / top of wait list and complimentary glass of sparkling wine for each guest
If you’re planning to make a dinner booking, you might as well check with the Citi Prestige concierge to see if the restaurant is part of the Preferred Restaurant Program and if so have the concierge make your booking for you.