News and notes from around the interweb:
- Rapper Mos Def arrested trying to leave South Africa on a ‘World Passport’ after overstaying his visa. Because going through an immigration checkpoint with a passport not issued by any government is always a good idea. (HT: Loyalty Lobby)
- Reminder: You have only two days left to book any Amtrak Guest Rewards sleeper car redemptions before Amtrak’s new revenue based program goes into effect and it’s too late.
- World Airline Profit Outlook 2016: margins at a new high of 8.2%. Fertile ground for new entry
- Drunk perv got trashed, then molested my husband mid-flight.
Ricardo Caceres sat down in an aisle seat of a Hawaiian Airlines flight to New York on Saturday and immediately began boozing heavily, according to court papers.
Suddenly, the perverted flier allegedly began touching the chest, groin and belt of the man sitting next to him in the middle seat. The victim’s aghast wife was sitting in the window seat.
Surprisingly the plane didn’t divert. So how was your last coach experience??
- LAX’s connector between Terminal 4 (American Airlines) and the Tom Bradley International Terminal should be open in 6 weeks. If I were LAX-based I’d go out of my way to earn Oneworld Emerald status on a non-US carrier just to use the Qantas first class lounge whenever flying American.
- Like everyone else, United is making money on lower fuel costs but the market thinks it should be doing better than it is. Of course, low energy prices are a unique drag on United revenue given their hub in Houston.
- Airbnb is criticized by Palestinian Authority officials because they do not forbid residents of the West Bank to list their homes