News and notes from around the interweb:
- The Qantas lounge at LAX has a tipping scam. Shower room attendants place their own money in the shower rooms, and pick it up as ‘tips’ when when showing you in. You know nothing angers Aussies more than tipping…
- The surprising reason preachers need private jets
- British Airways internal lounge policy access guide. You may want to save copies of the files, you never know when they could come in handy such as if you’re improperly denied access to a BA lounge.
- The American Airlines maintenance igloo. Filed under: There Is No Great Stagnation.
- College sports coaches are overpaid… for the same reason that regulated airfares led airlines to spend more on inflight meals.
- IRS ability to request revocation of your passport over delinquent taxes isn’t the only new passport change that may be coming. The government wants to brand sex offenders on their passports. “Yes, that would include high school seniors who slept with their freshman girlfriends.” It’s passed the Senate and awaits action in the House.