News and notes from around the interweb:
- Emirates has “254 different soups in first class alone.” They go through 13.3 million eggs per year and “24 tons of ice cubes are produced daily.”
- Review Skeptic lets you identify fake hotel reviews with 90% accuracy (HT: Paul H.)
- Qantas jet lands at Perth airport with extra engine
- The first Concorde test pilot has passed away at age 94
- Kenya expects go-ahead for US air service by May
- Etihad is preparing to up its stake in Jet Airways from 24% to 49% because Jet Airways continues to bleed cash and Etihad continues to be the deepest pocket willing to burn some.
- Aeroflot flight attendant trying to land an Airbus A320. Can someone with only limited flight training be talked through it in a simulator?