News and notes from around the interweb:
- The story behind the American Airlines pilot who died inflight in October, as told by the first officer
- Hudson News airport shops will display Playboy and Cannabis Now magazine in their ‘general interest’ section alongside magazines like Vogue and Rolling Stone. My, how times change. Airberlin’s lounges apparently carry Playboy as well.
- Pilot of Shaheen Airlines flight that skidded off the runway in Lahore, Pakistan was drunk
- South Korea to review budget airline safety
- Sunday night United Express (GoJet) flight 3693 to Nebraska was minding its own business when a fuel truck crashed into it.
- General Motors is investing $500 million in Lyft at a $5.5 billion valuation
- On Christmas Eve day a Services Air Airbus A310 kidded of the runway in the Congo. The plane went into a residential area, and killed 8 people. Very sad. (HT: World Airline News)