News and notes from around the interweb:
- Registration for Starwood’s winter promotion is now available.
- The Fidelity Investment Rewards American Express 2% cash back card issued by Bank of America will become a Visa issued by US Bank. Existing cards will be transitioned over by July 1. The new card application is available (HT: Frequent Miler)
- Silvercar raised $28 million in series C funding. The round was led by Audi, with Facebook co-founder (and series B funder) Eduardo Saverin participating. Their series B round was $14 million in September 2014, and they raised a total of $17.5 million before that. So they’re up to nearly $60 million. I’m not sure I love this shift in focus though,
Additionally, as part of the next phase of Silvercar’s partnership with Audi, the companies will work in tandem to develop Audi Shared Fleet, a turnkey solution for businesses looking to provide accessible transportation to their employees on corporate campuses.
- Industry site Skift covers the ExpertFlyer-View from the Wing travel survey.
- The Ghosts of Baha Mar: How a $3.5 Billion Paradise Went Bust. In addition to being bad for the Bahamas and investors, it hasn’t been good for guests with reservations either.
- Louis CK shares his baller rental car return strategy.