News and notes from around the interweb:
- 7 Airport Lounges & Planes You Can Tour Via Google Street View. I had no idea you could walk through Air France first class or the Emirates A380 bar using… Google. Very cool.
- Status matches on airberlin get you American Airlines club lounge access when flying American, however Flying Xplorer says,
The best benefit however is probably the free Playboy magazines at the otherwise mediocre Air Berlin executive waiting area.
So there’s that.
- United Clubs now offer complimentary sparkling wine. You can pick up a bottle for ~ $14 in a bottle shop. United will sell you half bottles of Veuve for $38, a bottle of Laurent-Perrier Rose for $90, or a glass of Moet & Chandon for $15 (discounted to $12 for United Club and Presidential Plus cardholders).
I’ll grant the commenters that my post title was misleading. It’s sparkling wine, not champagne. Harumph.
- Visit Greenland and the Canadian Arctic in 2016
- Here’s The Crazy Wing Bending Airbus Does To Stress Test Its Aeroplanes
- Virginia State University choir serenades KLM Amsterdam – Washington Dulles passengers with “Oh Happy Day” prior to landing