News and notes from around the interweb:
- Wyndham Rewards has a single price for hotel award nights. All hotels cost 15,000 points a night regardless of whether they’re expensive resorts or roadside motels. So these are the best places to take advantage of that redemption structure.
Wyndham Grand Rio Mar, Puerto Rico
- You want an Iberia frequent flyer account that’s been open for 90 days and has had some account activity, because it’s useful to be able to transfer points back and forth between Iberia and British Airways (Iberia doesn’t add significant fuel surcharges onto awards on their own flights, and charge fewer points for those flights between the US and Europe as well).
So open one now if you don’t already have one. You can transfer 1000 points in from American Express Membership Rewards — or take advantage of some free Iberia Avios points.
- The Atlanta airport’s randomly chosen 100 millionth passenger received some darned impressive prizes.
- Uber had its one billionth ride yesterday. The data isn’t audited by an outside firm, and no word on whether the methodology was more robust than Atlanta airport’s.
- Marriott Courtyard in Charleston is asking that you keep it out of photos of a nearby church. (HT: Paul H.)
- An airline passenger posted a Facebook rant about the ‘worst flight of her life’ after being seated in a spot with no window
- Scientists have figured out what makes Indian food so delicious
- 15 rare abandoned aircraft found around the globe