News and notes from around the interweb:
- Airlines that failed in 2015
- How to find your British Airways confirmation number from an American AAdvantage award booking without calling
- Air India considering resuming Washington Dulles service
- Having sold his website to Internet Brands (which owns Flyertalk.com and FrugalTravelGuy.com) a few years ago, Tim Winship will be leaving FrequentFlier.com at the end of the year.
- A go-kart powered by a Boeing jet engine could be yours on Craigslist
- Delta was once a very conservatively-run airline. Since their post-bankruptcy merger with Northwest they’ve been anything but. They’ve made a lot of dumb moves, but they’ve experimented aggressively on their way to becoming an industry leader with outstanding operational performance and a reasonable inflight product.
- Airline checked baggage fees surpassed $1 billion in the 3rd quarter. A lot of the gain here is really tax arbitrage.
- Airlines ranked… by their craft beer offerings.
- EVA Air makes the wait at baggage claim so much better.