News and notes from around the interweb:
- Fiji Airways – an American AAdvantage partner, with connections onward to Australia and New Zealand – is coming to San Francisco.
- Hyatt found malware in the payment processing systems used in hotels that they manage. (HT: Hans M. and several other readers.) Hyatt promises updates here.
- “The general manager of the Sheraton University City Hotel was sentenced to five years in federal prison on Tuesday for defrauding” the University of Pennsylvania of more than $3 million.
- On Wednesday a Delta Express flight from Monterrey, Mexico to Atlanta diverted to Corpus Christi, Texas because the air conditioning didn’t work. Two passengers received medical treatment. It got back into the air and then diverted again to Houston.
- How a Toronto motel gave birth to the Four Seasons hotel chain (HT: Larry L. on Facebook)
- “The travel industry don’t really care about us and our needs as road warriors.”
- This is both awesome and disturbing at the same time. Jingle Bells performed entirely with sounds from an Airbus A330. (HT: World Airline News)