News and notes from around the interweb:
- Las Vegas Uber stories so crazy they must be true
- I’m frequently critical of the TSA – for very good reasons – but I thought it reasonable to highlight The TSA Cares Helpline Assists Veterans and Travelers with Disabilities Through Security. As well, here’s 14 behind the scenes secrets of TSA agents (both are HT: Paul H.)
- Did Robert De Niro and Nobu team up to create world’s worst luxury hotel?
- This converted Boeing 727 offers 1,066 square feet of livable space
- Inside the new Swiss Boeing 777-300ER first and business class
- Etihad is offering 2500 bonus points if you check in early at Abu Dhabi International airport over the next week
- Flytenow, aka ‘Uber for private flights’ has been ruled illegal.
The company’s website connected private pilots with passengers willing to share fuel costs and other flight expenses. Such cost-sharing arrangements have been allowed for decades through word of mouth, bulletin boards and email.
But the FAA said that posting a planned trip on a website was like advertising and subjected private pilots to the same elaborate safety regulations as pilots for commercial airlines. That forced the company to shut down.
- A time lapse of Denver Airport’s redevelopment which included construction of the new Westin. (HT: Road Warrior Voices)