News and notes from around the interweb:
- The New York Post says there’s an upsurge of homeless squatting in the Central Terminal at LaGuardia airport. Why not just house them at the Radisson JFK?
- Earn free miles for referring people to sign up for the TAP Air Portugal (Star Alliance) frequent flyer program. New referred members start with 500 points.
- Deal: $50 off an Orbitz hotel booking of $100 or more using promo code MASTERPASS and paying with a Mastercard via the MasterPass checkout. Book by December 31 for travel through June 30. (HT: Secret Flying)
- A federal judge has voided the TSA’s lease for new office space because they contracted for more space than Congress had authorized. Naturally the challenge was brought by another real estate company that was trying to lease to TSA but hadn’t succeeded. Of course why should we expect them to follow the law for an office lease, when even their use of nude-o-scopes has been illegal?
- Every US state has at least one abandoned airport. Here’s how those airports are being re-invented.
- There’s truly nothing like the parody video of a Diamond guest checking into a hotel. But now I think I figured out how that demanding Diamond guest got that way. I don’t know how I missed this a year ago, but Edward K. points me to Amy Schumer checking into ‘Pretentious Hotel’. You must watch this if you haven’t seen it before.