News and notes from around the interweb:
- Passenger on delayed flight decides he wants to get off.. while the aircraft was taxiing. That won’t end well.
- I think of Singapore as the most underrated highly rated destination. Here’s Tyler Cowen on how to visit Singapore. Do you agree?
- American Express Membership Rewards transfer partner ANA is offering a rebate of up to 7000 miles for economy redemptions made by January 15 for travel between January 12 and March 31 on a variety of routes. Registration required and remember that ANA does add fuel surcharges to awards. (HT: L-B)
- Travelers: Don’t Get Naked in Kansas
- Reader mat says targeted American AAdvantage mileage offers for test driving a Cadillac are back. (“Have to have an invitation code and be in NYC, LA, MIA, or DFW markets.”)
- Egypt’s tourism board adopted the twitter hashtag #ThisIsEgypt. What could possibly go wrong?
- Japan’s Hidden Gems
- United Airlines flew seriously ill children ‘to the North Pole’ to meet Santa.
- Not at all travel-related, but this is just cool: a machine made out of Lego that dispenses Chicken McNuggets. (HT: uggboy)