News and notes from around the interweb:
- Royal Air Maroc will operate Washington Dulles – Casablanca with a Boeing 787. Some will find that a good use for Iberia Avios points.
- Conspiracy theory: The Traveling Better forum was the first to break many of the details of AAdvantage program changes and historically has been a fantastic source for information on American Airlines. Shortly after leaking 2016 AAdvantage changes, though, the site went down. And has remained down. Coincidence?
- San Francisco is getting a Grand Hyatt on airport grounds. It’s expected to open in 2019 (the entire Beijing Capital Airport was completed in less time, but this is California.. and the San Francisco Bay Area). Currently hotel options near the airport are exceptionally weak so this will be much appreciated.
- Flying While of Middle Eastern descent
- How to check your Uber rating using their app
- Department of Transportation says airlines are going to have to pay for more damage to checked bags. Apparently they do not consider damage to handles, zippers, and wheels to be normal wear and tear.
- A pilot parodies his life to the tune of a Beach Boys song in “I Sit Around” (HT: Roadwarrior Voices). His YouTube channel has other classics like “Teterboro” (to the tune of Kokomo) and “Lav Stinks”