News and notes from around the interweb:
- The death of the Airbus A380 for its market failure is again being called.
- The TSA – which should never have been created – should be closed. The airlines themselves would do better managing security, as long as they aren’t given a liability shield by the likes of Bill Shuster. (HT: Tocqueville)
- First look: Alaska Airlines new Satellite Lounge in Seattle
- You can pay bills fee-free with a debit card. Plastiq isn’t charging a fee for debit card-funded bill payments.
- Hotel Tonight cut 20% of its workforce (HT: Daniel W)
- Delta is investing in new premium cabin plates, glasses, and flatware — but won’t roll it out until mid-2017.
- An Airbnb co-brand MasterCard debit card is coming