News and notes from around the interweb:
- Air Canada is legally required to continue performing heavy aircraft maintenance in Montreal. TWA had such restrictive labor rules that it had to keep Boeing 747 maintenance bases open after they no longer operated 747s. They paid below industry wages yet had above industry labor costs. Here Canada’s high court simply rules the airline is Canadian…
- Speculation: Was the House Majority Leader’s plane blown up in 1972 so that another congressman’s wife could marry a mobster?
- Speculation: The possibility that Delta could incorporate foreign assets abroad to shield itself from US taxes
- 1300+ free US Bank FlexPerks points
- Accor hotels will be running a 3-day 50% off sale in Asia Pacific with free breakfast. Book between November 11-13 for stays November 16 through April 30. (HT: Rob G.)
- Mr. Haney: An Inspiration For American, Delta and United? I don’t agree with all of it, though some of you will.