News and notes from around the interweb:
- Kempinski Hotels has filed a criminal complaint against their former CEO. They claim he “defrauded Kempinski of significant sums of money.”
- FCC to Fine Hilton Hotels for Obstructing Wi-Fi Blocking Investigation
- Did you know that Denny’s has a loyalty program? And it’s not La Quinta Returns (“La Quinta is Spanish for ‘next to Denny’s'”). Denny’s Diner Perks will give you a free Build Your Own Grand Slam just for registering.
- Promo code FREEAFTER3 will give you a free day on any rental or 3 days or longer from Silvercar through November 25. (Both new and existing customers.)
- What celebrities demand during their hotel stays
- Manhattan couple sues TSA over $95,000 in jewelry they say was stolen from their luggage. I’d have been skeptical, but they say it happened at New York JFK…
- Citibank devalued points transfers in the Australia market with no notice