News and notes from around the interweb:
- Don’t forget I’m giving away a 3-night stay in a terrace suite in New York at The William. And so far there are only about half the number of entries I’d have expected. That means you have a good shot if you leave a comment.
- I went back on with Ameera David yesterday to talk about Jeff Smisek and Expedia’s acquisition of Orbitz.
- Best Western Rewards is eliminating expiring points, adding a new top tier elite level, and going revenue-based for award nights.
- The last US Airways companion certificates were set to expire today — but that’s been extended. Book by October 5 for travel through December 31 (and use them for American Airlines flights, too).
- The CEO of Star Alliance would love to see Virgin Australia join. They’re a joint venture partner with Delta, though, and that rather complicates matters.
- Wanna Buy a 747?
- United’s new safety video is out. (HT: Matthew)