News and notes from around the interweb:
- Has Citi imposed a hiatus on switching from one card product to another?
- The Last Days of US Airways
- United just had its first day with no mainline flight cancellations in 2.5 years
- Pope Francis toured the cockpit of his chartered (unrefurbished) American Airlines Boeing 777-200.
- Scott Mayerowitz reports that in addition to the ‘Chairmans Flight’ bribe or extortion that took down United CEO Jeff Smisek, there are also significant questions surrounding the lease United got at their Newark hub and the deal surrounding United service to Atlantic City. Apparently United’s cancellation of service there should have triggered certain subsidy repayments, that New Jersey simply let slide. But it’s not like Chris Christie is going anywhere in the polls anyway…
- If you put advertising on your luggage, your checked bag fees can be paid for