News and notes from around the interweb:
- Why you need to stop whining about air travel
- Reminder that Wednesday is the last day to transfer American Express points to British Airways at a 1:1 ratio. Transfers become 5:4 on October 1. Given that British Airways just devalued at the end of April we might be safe banking a few points there for a little while.
- Ryanair has ‘no interest’ in ever flying to the US
- The familiar voice of the airline captain can be tracked back to one American fighter pilot (HT: Paul H.)
- Great Lakes Aviation, which receives about $60 million a year in federal subsidies, continues operating despite defaulting on the covenants in a $27.5 million loan.
- An Airbus A380 crosswind landing in Dusseldorf: