Panama City-based Star Alliance airline Copa, which used United’s MileagePlus as its frequent flyer program until this summer, is getting up and running.
They’ve been aggressively status matching especially United elites and folks with Latin America mailing addresses and with status in competitor programs.
The program was set up by Russ Hinckley, who used to run Northwest Worldperks (pre-Delta merger) and US Airways Dividend Miles (under Fern Fernandez, who had worked for him at Northwest, before the American merger). So it doesn’t surprise me they’re being aggressive.
I much like this new promotion for actually flying Copa.
You can earn successively more bonus miles for flying to Copa’s ‘new destinations’.
Here’s the earning table:
And here are the qualifying destinations:
Terms and Conditions Apply
1. Exclusive offer for ConnectMiles Members.
2. The member must register for the promotion before 03/31/16 at 11:59 pm (CT).
3. Travel or travels must be completed before 03/31/16 at 11:59 pm (CT).
4. The promotion is valid only to flights taken after the registration.
5. Promotion applies only when flying Copa Airlines and Copa Airlines Colombia.
6. The bonus does not apply to credit points/miles to any other loyalty program.
7. The miles obtained with the bonus do not qualify for a preferential status (PreferProgram).
8. Each subscriber can only earn one bonus. In case the member travels to a number of destinations located between the ranges defined in above graph, the bonus of less mileage will apply. Example, if the member flies to 7 destinations, only the 5 destinations bonus will apply.
9. Not applicable to repeated flights to the same destination.
10. Only the destinations stated in this communication will qualify for this promotion. 11. Schedules and destinations are subject to change.
12. The bonus will be credited in your ConnectMiles account 4 to 6 weeks after the promotion ends.
13. Promotion subject to change without prior notice. Other restrictions may apply.
14. All ConnectMiles terms and conditions apply.