News and notes from around the interweb:
- Up to 7500 United miles on a Hertz rental
- Report of an 80,000 point offer and $50 statement credit on the IHG Rewards Club Select Card
- United has applied to fly San Francisco – Xi’an, China non-stop three times a week with a Boeing 787. It’s the archetypical long, thin route that aircraft is supposed to make possible, although I’m skeptical about Chinese growth at this time.
- Transgender woman live tweets her expulsion from Orlando airport (HT: Reid F.)
Shadi Petosky, a transgender woman, was detained unexpectedly at the Orlando airport on Monday after the TSA allegedly decided that her genitalia didn’t match up…
- Etihad is offering triple miles for business class and quadruple miles for first class bookings including on several partner airlines in which they have a financial stake. Book by September 28 and travel by December 15. Registration required.
- Local television in Lubbock, Texas confirmed the United Express crew altercation with the airline that I first reported on over the weekend. For readers who were skeptical whether the crew had gone after each other enough to get pulled out of the flight:
As first reported by View From the Wing United flight 4533 out of Lubbock operated by ExpressJet was scheduled to leave Lubbock at 1:41 p.m., but did not depart until 6:46 p.m.
ExpressJet told EverythingLubbock.com that after the crew disagreement, an entirely new crew was flown out to replace the original crew. “ExpressJet flight 4453, operating as United Express from Lubbock, Texas (LBB) to Houston was delayed due to crew availability…There was a disagreement and that led to crew availability issues”