News and notes from around the interweb:
- Cranky Flier sits down with the President of Air Canada to talk about cramming more seats into planes, premium economy, and whether US premium transcon markets are oversaturated with high end products.
- A TSA agent at New York JFK was arrested Saturday night for lifting cash from a passenger’s wallet. (HT: satman40 on Milepoint) Why does JFK have so many of the bad apples who in no way reflect…
- A German mother and daughter are living at the Cyprus airport and have been there for over 300 days. Apparently they were deported from Israel for overstaying their visas, and instead of being sent back to Germany on a non-stop flight they were put on a connecting flight through Cyprus. They decided to stay. And they can’t be deported, since they’re EU citizens.
- The United Express flight over the weekend where the pilot and co-pilot got into a disagreement that involved police being called and a new crew being called in, which I wrote about Sunday and added detail on Monday has now hit the Associated Press and newspapers around the country.
The ExpressJet spokesman said he was not sure whether the first crew faced disciplinary action, adding that the airline was still investigating the incident, which was first reported by travel blogger Gary Leff.
- New airline Libyan Wings flew its first commercial flight today from Tripoli to Istanbul. (HT: World Airline News)
- 250 volunteers help Houston Hobby get ready to open their new 5 gate international terminal. Southwest will have 4 of the gates while other airlines share the 5th.