Frequent Flyer Bonuses highlights an interesting offer offer for joining airberlin’s topbonus program: sign up by November 15 receive and receive a voucher to use one of the airline’s “Exclusive Waiting Areas”
Topbonus elites and full fare passengers receive access to these pseudo-lounge areas that feature beverages, newspapers, and charging stations to power electronic devices.
- Berlin-Tegel: Terminal C (security area for Gates 38–50)
- Dusseldorf: Terminal B (Level 1)
- Cologne: Terminal 2 (after the security check on the left)
- Munich: Terminal 1 (Module A North, Level 4, next to Gate A9)
- Hamburg: at Sky Walk (above Gate 08)
- Nuremberg: departure area (near Gates 13/14)
- Stuttgart: Terminal 3 (Level 3, Gate 310)
- Vienna: West Pier (before Gate C32/C33
If you’re going to fly airberlin, and don’t otherwise have lounge access, it would seem worth joining their program to receive this voucher (some might have family and friends join as well to receive multiple vouchers) even if you plan to credit the miles from the trip to another program like American AAdvantage or Etihad Guest. I do not know whether the voucher will come with names printed on it or any restrictions on use.