News and notes from the interweb:
- TSA screener arrested for ordering Korean exchange student into men’s restroom and sexually abusing her. “A few bad apples who in no way…” (HT: Milepoint)
- United wants to be as good as Delta, and plans to make changes in four months in hopes of improving.
United plans in January to alter its schedules to resemble the way rivals circulate planes through their networks, Vice President of Network Operations Tracy Lee told Reuters.
…”Delta is running a very good airline, and I want to equal that,” Lee said.
- How you can wind up on the no fly list for nothing more than visiting the wrong country in the wrong year.
- On Wednesday I wrote about a reader’s iPhone lost in Michael Douglas’ first class seat. American found the iPhone and it’s on its way back to the reader. I received a note this morning from American:
Following up on your blog post about the missing iPhone. We found it and we’re sending it back to the customer after contacting him yesterday. During the search, we found two different lost item records for this same phone. So, despite the unfortunate chain of events that left him questioning our process, the search was well underway.
- John Pawson to convert Jaffa convent and hospital into W’s first hotel in Israel (HT: Andreas R)