News and notes from around the interweb:
- IHG Rewards Club is changing the details for many folks on the new Accelerate promotion. Definitely the IT Gang That Couldn’t Shoot Straight out in Atlanta.
- JetBlue is offering a fast track to elite status. Register by September 7 then earn 3,750 base flight points in 90 days to receive Mosaic status through 2016.
- Passenger live tweets awkward mid-air breakup (HT: Point Me to the Plane)
- The 3 dirtiest places on an aircraft are try tables, blankets, and seat pockets. I want to believe that the blankets I get wrapped in plastic are clean, and coach doesn’t get blankets anyway… (HT: Alan H.)
- Scott Mayerowitz offers a 3D virtual reality tour of three suites — one in the air, one on land and one at the sea: Singapore Airlines’ A380 suites, the Ty Warner Penthouse at the Four Seasons New York, and the Duplex Stateroom on Cunard’s Queen Mary 2.
- TSA “let the Washington Post show a photo..of the master baggage keys” it allows making it possible for the world to see how to open your luggage. (HT: Alan H.) Did I mention the federal government wants backdoors to your encryption?