News and notes from around the interweb:
- How to make your rewards program more evil
- You can now redeem Virgin Atlantic miles for hotels through Kaligo. It’s a poor value return for your miles, of course.
- British Airways is increasing economy seat width by half an inch on their Boeing 787-9s. There is some limit, it seems, to cramming in passengers on a full service international airline.
- Uber will finally return to Las Vegas. That’s a big deal because so many taxis ‘take the long way’ on unsuspecting tourists. With Uber’s geolocation tracking and indeed receipts displaying route taken (and recommending best route) the car sharing service should be able to cut down on cheating taxi scams.
- Man who REALLY wanted to go to high school reunion arrested for running onto tarmac, trying to stop plane
- Hyatt 48 Lex is leaving to become independent starting September 1 (HT: Mike K.)