News and notes from around the interweb:
- Baby born on Turkish Airlines flight grows up to be Turkish Airlines flight attendant
- 80 Years Ago this Month Will Rogers Died While Attempting to Fly Around the World. His trip ended near Barrow, Alaska.
- Turn Old Credit Cards Into Collar Stays With the Collar Stay Punch (HT: @mattrunner)
- Etihad adds concierge service for Airbus A380 The Residence passengers.
Don’t you hate those times when you need a rare blue diamond in a rush, but it turns out that you’re stuck on a plane being pampered by a butler whose only fault is lack of connections to a diamond dealer? Problem solved.
- Some folks really don’t like United flight attendants wishing them happy birthday (HT: @skidder)
- “[T]he lightning passed safety through the metal exterior and exited from the right landing gear” (HT: Hans M.)
- Pilot in fatal plane crash had a long disciplinary history with the FAA. The individual lost his pilot’s license three times — including a 2009 incident where he “had oral sex with an adult film actress while flying a helicopter.”