News and notes from around the interweb:
- It’s apparently a security risk to wear a Princess Bride t-shirt. Because Inigo Montoya is a foreign-sounding name, and because he says “You killed my father, prepare to die.”
- Two weeks ago American AAdvantage updated its terms and conditions to forbid advertising award tickets for sale and not just actually selling tickets. At the time I noted it was interesting that this restricted did not apply to upgrades under AAdvantage terms. Now it does.
- National Car Rental has a new lounge at Washington Dulles airport that anyone can use.
- Fantastic United dining bonus: 2,000 miles for new members who spend $30+ on their first restaurant visit within 30 days plus automatically start at the VIP earning rate for ongoing dine which earns 5 miles per dollar instead of 3; normally requires 12 qualifying transactions per year to earn at that rate. (HT: Milenerd)
- Under terms of an IMF loan, Pakistan is required to private Pakistan International Airlines. However they’re delaying until mid-2016. Which is probably good for investors, the longer the airline is outside private hands the more loss-making quarters investors won’t have to eat.
- Thai Airways is cutting 1400 jobs.