News and notes from around the interweb:
- Great morning flight deals: New York – Santiago, $1035 in business class, Newark – Ho Chi Minh City, $799 (economy), and DC – St. Petersburg, $572 (economy.
- Snoop Dogg has cash confiscated at the airport. He was carrying $422,000 in undeclared cash onto a flight from Italy to the UK. This isn’t your typical cash stolen by government at the airport story since he was apparently actually breaking the law by failing to declare the funds at customs.
- Hyatt is offering 500 bonus points per stay booked via the Hyatt app or mobile site through September 30. No registration required, M life stays aren’t eligible. New reservations only, so if you already have a booking made you may wish to cancel and rebook if the price hasn’t gone up (and it’s good practice to re-price bookings anyway in case they’ve gotten less expensive; I’m almost allergic to prepaid reservations).
- An unattended bag at Minneapolis airport tested positive for explosives yesterday and shut down the airport briefly, because that swap test is oh so reliable… (HT: Paul H.)
- United’s first female pilot has passed away
- The second worst thing ever in an airport restroom. (HT: Pizza in Motion)