Reader David D. asks why do rental car companies have to cable ALL of a vehicles keys together?
- If you lose one key this way you lose them all.
- Whose pocket exactly are these supposed to fit in?
Previous “Questions That Are Rarely Asked?”
- If Delta awards points as a multiple of the price paid for your ticket, why do they call those points ‘miles’?
- If liquids are so dangerous, why are they tossed together in a bin next to the security checkpoint instead of dealt with by a hazmat team?
- How come flight attendants have to pick up the cups they serve drinks in prior to takeoff, but they let me keep the Starbucks coffee I brought on board myself?
- Why do airlines who base elite status on revenue still have a distance-flown requirement as well? If the revenue you contribute to an airline’s bottom line is what counts, why does it matter how many miles you fly?
- Why don’t airport parking lots adjust pricing based on demand — lowering it when they’re empty and increasing during the holidays?
- Why is it ok for Alitalia to take Etihad’s cash and us it to fly across the Atlantic, but not ok for Etihad to use its own cash to do so?