Robert’s a great guy, although tough to book awards for.
- No angled seats. His wife is disabled and needs to be able to be fully flat. He’ll fly coach if he needs to, but he needs his wife to have a flat seat.
- Pet in cabin international. On long trips they’ll take their two dogs. And many carriers don’t allow pets in cabin internationally.
He’s also lived one of the more interesting lives. He appeared in Batman, Bull Durham, and Good Morning, Vietnam! He danced in the beginning of Madonna’s Material Girl video. And he starred in HBO’s Arli$$.
He was the host of the Oscars in The Bodyguard which was funny because in each of the two previous years he won Emmy Awards for co-writing the Academy Awards with Billy Crystal.
As a favor he hosted the Freddie Awards for me in 2011 and 2012.
The podcast was pretty wide-ranging across the world of miles and points. I talk about:
- the best uses of miles (such as upgrades vs awards)
- getting started with an award booking business
- whose miles are best to redeem
- business vs. first class, and when to pay cash for premium cabins
- whether to be loyal to an airline or spread your miles
- are hotel programs worth it?
- mileage runs
- the best credit cards.
The podcast is sponsored by underwear.