News and notes from around the interweb:
- These are pretty bad ass
- The cheapest apartment rentals on the internet
- If airlines are going to continue ‘unbundling’ fares and adding fees, couldn’t United at least offer to charge for air conditioning?
- The dangers of ‘choosing your own title’ when booking an airline ticket. Always wanted to be “Read Admiral” or “His Royal Highness” and thought an airline reservation drop down box was the place to do it? Cranky Flier relays a story where the TSA, umm, disagreed.
- So this is kind of awesome. Uber yesterday debuted a new service option in New York. It’s called “DEBLASIO” and it shows no cars available on your screen and 25 minute wait times. (DeBlasio wants to stop any growth in ridesharing services in the city.) Somehow I don’t think this would get the ok if the city required pre-approval of changes to the app.
- 3500 mile online shopping portal bonuses with American and with Southwest.