News and notes from around the interweb:
- Details of the new British Airways first class product (no photos yet, just renderings) that’ll go into their Boeing 787-9 later this year.
- Interview with American’s new LAX lounge chef (HT: Brian Sumers)
- Star Alliance member Avianca has sold a 30% stake in its frequent flyer program to a private equity firm. So they’ll need revenue growth on a standalone basis. Over time expect more promotions, more mileage sales, more partners — and a tighter control on costs. As they emailed members,
Avianca Holdings S.A. has incorporated Advent International – one of the largest and most experienced international private equity firms – as financial partner of LifeMiles B.V. Through this agreement, Advent acquired an equity stake of 30% of LifeMiles B.V., while Avianca Holdings S.A. keeps the remaining 70%.
- Norwegian isn’t just disrupting US aviation markets, they’re now launching a domestic route network in Spain as well.
- China Southern predicts a huge profit for the first half of 2015, a time period that’s already passed. And if the numbers don’t work out, my guess is that the Chinese government will require that they’re re-calculated in light of the recent assault on Chinese stocks.
- Five airlines have agreed to operate out of Singapore’s new terminal 4 project