News and notes from around the interweb:
- United plans to power planes with “Food Scraps, Animal Fat & Farm Waste” which sounds better than using those for inflight catering, right?
- The Americans that Chose Cuban Med School
- What is that familiar airplane smell, really? (HT: Alan H.)
- India won’t allow its airlines to charge for checked bags (HT: Road Warrior Voices)
- I was back on television this morning talking about airfare prices, baggage and other fees, and the DOJ’s investigation of possible airline collusion to restrict capacity.
- $500 off the W Hotel bed