News and notes from around the interweb:
- I was on yesterday with Josh Barro talking about airlines making elite status harder to hit or in Delta’s parlance, “when everyone’s elite no one is.”
- 7-11 opens first US airport location at LAX. Since it’ll follow airport guidelines, it won’t be open 24 hours a day, and thus will actually need locks on its doors.
- Amtrak train hits 70,000 pounds of bacon (Not from the Onion)
- SAS imposes a 3 drink limit on passengers. But it’s just a guideline. (HT: Alan H.)
- Lucky from One Mile at a Time and I both appeared on RT America’s Boom & Bust.
- Passenger wins $40,000 in suit against Lufthansa for advertising fully flat business class seats but providing angled flat (HT: Alan H.)