ginnybakes is apparently makes “organic, gluten-free, non-GMO and kosher” cookies.
They sent out a press release yesterday declaring:
ginnybakes™… has been chosen as the exclusive cookie to be featured on all domestic and a selection of international flights for American Airlines First Class passengers. Starting this month, First Class passengers will be able to enjoy coconut oatmeal bliss ginnyminis inflight.
Elsewhere in the release they promoted their cookies would be onboard fist class.
Only there were several problems with the press release.
- They aren’t the exclusive cookie of American Airlines.
- American will continue to serve warm cookies onboard many of its flights in first class.
- ginnybakes isn’t the provider of those cookies.
- Their packaged cookies will be in American’s snack basket.
- The snack basket is not available on “all domestic” flights
Oh, and the press release was apparently sent out without American’s permission. It didn’t even include the traditional blurb at the bottom “ABOUT AMERICAN AIRLINES”…
The press release has now been retracted.
American finally introduced a better cookie after killing the true baked onboard ones back in September. And they aren’t eliminating that in favor of an “organic, gluten-free, non-GMO and kosher” packaged cookie.
I wonder if even the organic packaged cookie will have a short shelf life after this PR stunt.