I receive compensation for many links on this blog. You don’t have to use these links, but I am grateful to you if you do. American Express, Citibank, Chase, Capital One and other banks are advertising partners of this site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same).
News and notes from around the interweb:
- Tomorrow is the last day to apply for the IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card with a 70,000 point signup bonus offer. More details…
- The 55 year old President of American Express died yesterday after falling ill onboard a corporate jet enroute to New York (HT: Jeff L.)
- There’s apparently talk of Star Alliance member Turkish Airlines acquiring a 49% stake and controlling Skyteam member TAROM, the national carrier of Romania, although they could move more slowly, with a joint venture on the Istanbul – Bucharest route.
- A passenger who brought his own alcohol onboard and refused to stop drinking it caused a flight to divert to Toulouse. Earlier this month, on the same airline,
Tom Washington, 22, from Grimsby was with 22 friends – most dressed as female flight attendants – on the way to a lads’ holiday in Majorca when he waved around a sex toy while mimicking the crew’s safety demonstration, and exposed a tattoo of Pinocchio on his private parts to staff and passengers.
- A woman claims that United wouldn’t give her an unopened can of soda, but gave another passenger an unopened can of beer, because Islam, and she might use the can as a weapon.
- A singer who was kicked off a SkyWest United Express flight over how she was handling her lap infant will not get an apology or compensation. Apparently she either refused to keep the 23 month old in her lap and had the child in the aisle, or she was instructed to place the seatbelt over herself and the child but needed an extension to do it. As usual in these situations that go viral, the facts are a bit murky.