News and notes from around the interweb:
- 1500 free Spirit miles for 3 short quizzes. Plus 8000 free Spirit miles appear to still be available as well. So a total of 9500 miles, and free travel starts at 10,000 miles (2500 for Spirit credit card holders). Of course, you can also redeem the miles for magazines since Spirit miles expire after 90 days of inactivity.
- Flight attendant arrested for smuggling 26 passports in his underwear. (HT: Road Warrior Voices)
- Etihad’s study shows that passenger numbers have grown as Emirates, Etihad, and Qatar have expanded while their market share has actually declined.
- When airlines knew good design
- Why big cities are finally getting decent barbecue (HT: Marginal Revolution)