News and notes from around the interweb:
- Fewer and fewer people order room service breakfast. It’s down to 10%. (HT: Alan H.) Free coffee in the room and get something later, room service is too expensive and most people can’t expense it. Having the option though really matters even if it means I have to come partially out of pocket.
- What motivated building the terra cotta warriors?
- Marriott now lets you submit requests via mobile app during your stay. (HT: Alan H.) Mobilesuites does this across several chains. There can be challenges, though — when the Andaz brand was new they encouraged you to text for concierge requests, and they don’t anymore.
- ISIS opened a luxury hotel in Mosul. Now a promotional video has surfaced.
- Could a Spirit-Frontier merger be in the works? (HT: David F.)