News and notes from around the interweb:
- Etihad is offering a 25% bonus on transfers of hotel points into miles. I’m not really trusting their promotions though.
- Choice Privileges summer promotion 8000 points after 2 stays.
- Passenger helps co-pilot land a Jet Airways flight from Bangkok to Delhi after pilot falls ill inflight. Don’t eat the fish!
- Bird makes huge dent in the nose of a Turkish 737 (HT: Paul H.)
- Bangkok Airways explains why they don’t join an alliance: annual membership fees around $750,000, annual operating costs around $2.5 million, and restrictions on whom they can codeshare with outside the alliance. (HT: Kalboz on Milepoint)
- KLM gives you beer. Or something like that. (HT: TravelZork)