News and notes from around the interweb:
- Inside the Mind of a Miles Expert: An Interview with View from the Wing’s Gary Leff. Wendy Perrin interviews me.
- With the Miles & More 50,000 mile credit card signup bonus back, it’s worth learning the rules and how to leverage them for Miles & More’s points.
- Now that British Airways has devalued again, including mileage-earning on discount fares, Alaska Airlines mileage earning for British Airways travel has been reduced as well. Presumably it’s BA pushing for this because they don’t want their own reduced generosity to push people to other programs instead of their own. And this would suggest that American AAdvantage earning for British Airways flights could drop, despite being joint venture partners (where it’s not supposed to matter whose aircraft you fly across the Atlantic).
- Mega rant by a former Singapore Airlines flight attendant. It comes down to the job is really hard and not all that flexible. Which describes a lot of jobs, actually (and makes me grateful for my own). (HT: Miles Down Under)
- Bonus for transferring hotel points to British Airways Avios. I can’t imagine wanting to do this except in the most narrow of circumstances.