News and notes from around the interweb:
- American’s CEO Doug Parker is shifting to an all-stock compensation package. That ostensibly ties his income to that of American shareholders (though it potentially also incentivizes a short-term share price focus over longer-term value creation). What I’d like to see: the heads of each airline’s frequent flyer program compensated in miles to better tie their pay to the value of the currency they’re creating…
- Congressman introduces bill to take away badges and police-like uniforms from the TSA. (HT: S.)
- 1000 free Iberia Avios if you have an Android phone.
- 7th Circuit Court of Appeals rules that you cannot bring a European Union EU261 claim against a US airline in a US court.
- Boeing is still losing $30 million per 787 delivery on a fully costed basis.