News and notes from around the interweb:
- Why many people decline suite upgrades when they travel to Delhi, India.
- Silvercar will give even existing customers $50 off a rental of two days or more with promo code FTU50 through the end of the year (thanks, Frequent Traveler University!). This should stack with Silvercar’s $25 bonus for being referred by an existing member, you can sign up with my referral code GLEFF or leave your own in the comments.
- Alaska Airlines will give you 1000 miles if you tag your checked bag yourself (HT: One Mile at a Time)
- The 16 Best Street Food Cities in the World. Kuala Lumpur is clearly missing. There should be more than one city in India. And I have to object to including Portland but not Austin. Still, a true world of delicious wonderfulness..! (HT: @CIASpyGirl)
- Lufthansa will eliminate Privatair service in October. These are the Boeing 737 flights running Frankfurt – Dammam and Frankfurt – Pune.
- Malaysia Airlines will stop serving Frankfurt May 29.