IHG Rewards Club sent out a press release about a new promotion that was about to begin. It will run May 1 through September 7. Registration will not open until Monday (this page is not yet live).
They were light on details, but just had to be better and more than was actually included. After all, they are getting funding from Coca Cola for this. And it involves sharing so there’s some gamification involved, right?
Our aim is to build lifetime relationships with our guests and ensure we are offering our valued members fantastic experiences they can share with their family and friends. Together with The Coca-Cola Company, we are so excited to announce the IHG Rewards Club Americas Summer Promotion called “Share Forever.”
Here’s what they told us about how it will work:
How the “Share Forever” promotion works:
- IHG® Rewards Club members must register here starting on April 20. Once registered, members have the opportunity to:
- Earn 500 bonus points after one night at an IHG hotel anywhere in the world between May 1 and Sept. 7, 2015
- With additional nights, earn more bonus points, and free nights
- Gift rewards to friends and family
- Celebrate through personalized offers presented via the member’s IHG Rewards Club microsite upon login
That’s not a lot of detail. So I dug a little and came up with some more.
It turns out that at each stay threshold you get points for yourself and to gift to someone else. Each person will get a customized offer. Each offer will award 500 nights after one night, to you and also for you to gift. You can gift the points to yourself instead of someone else.
The promotion will offer between 68,500 and 115,500 bonus points plus a maximum 58,500 bonus points to share or keep.
Here’s a sample of a customized offer, though the specifics will vary by member: